I's been inspired by one of Dragonheart and Merlins old Thursday 13 entries.
13 Things about my Abyssinian Breed
- Abyssinian cats are also called Aby's.
- Abyssinian's are suppose to be one of the oldest breeds of cat.
- In the late 1800's the first Aby cat was exhibited in a show.
- In the early 1900's Aby's were first imported to North America.
- During WW 2 many of our English Aby cousin cats were lost, leaving the American Aby's breed more predominant in the world.
- It is widely believed that Aby's were the cats depicted on the ancient tombs of the Pharaohs.
- Abyssinian cats come in 4 colors - Ruddy (my color), Red or Sorrel (Ramses color), Blue, and Fawn.
- Aby's are very active cats. We's can make a mess in a hurry! hehe
- We Aby's do better in a house of 3 or less cats. Anymore and we become depressed due to lack of attention.
- We Aby's are loyal, intelligent, and affectionate.
- Abyssinians were introduced into England around the same time British soldiers were returning from the war in Abyssinia (now known as Ethiopia).
- Aby's love water (but not me thank you).
- They say that Aby's can run in circles vertically. (Mommy Bean says I's not done this yet.)